WRITING GOALS FOR 2014
1. Write at least 1000 words of fiction a day.
2. Publish at least four novels in a brand new series.
3. Promote my backlist to the best of my ability, using Amazon’s promotional tools, my mailing list, and paid advertising services like BookBub.
4. Check my sales no more than once a day.
5. Stay positive. Focus on the writing, and try not to allow things beyond my control (see #4) to dictate my moods.
6. Maintain a healthy diet, get plenty of sleep, and exercise at least 30 minutes every day.
7. Read books that inspire me.
8. Be supportive of my fellow authors. Celebrate their successes.
9. Share whatever wisdom I’ve gained to new and aspiring authors who ask for advice.
10. Entertain. This is job #1, and there’s value in it, even though what I’m doing is probably not very important in the grand scheme of things.
What are some of your goals for the new year?