Jude Hardin

Author, Drummer, Turtle Whisperer

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coolness


I was browsing through my pictures the other day, and I ran across this wolf. I had no idea where it came from. Blood Tattoo was the tentative title for a YA horror novel I was working on a while back, but I didn't remember mocking up a book cover. In fact, I don't even know how to do what was done to this picture.

Then it occurred to me that my son must have done this. I asked him, and he said yes he did. I had told him the title, and he did the mock cover one day when he was bored. Never told me about it.

I think it's pretty cool.

And, it has prompted me to get back to work on the story.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mark Terry said...

Hmmm. I like the title and the cover. Looks kind of scary for YA, but maybe not. Older YA, certainly.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jude Hardin said...

Thanks, Mark.

It's supposed to be scary, you know?

8:31 AM  
Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Totally rockin' cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could maybe have a career in graphic design. That has everything a cover would want.
E

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jude Hardin said...

Thanks, Erica! I'll tell him you said so. :)

11:58 AM  
Blogger lainey bancroft said...

Isn't it great to have clever kids? =)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Jude Hardin said...

It certainly is, Lainey. :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Wow, Jude! How encouraging is that? And that cover rocks. The blue eyes of that wolf are PERFECT. And Blood Tattoo font is awesome!

I not only think you have a cool kid, but I want to read your book! (Yeah, I'm easily influenced by covers.)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Jude Hardin said...

Thanks, Natasha. I'm working on it!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Jon VanZile said...

That's a great cover ... you should finish the book just so you can propose such a cool cover!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jude Hardin said...

Thanks, Jon. I think I'll do that!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude I can't find where I last posted can you give me directions and then delete this post please
THANKS

AMONYNOUS

11:32 AM  
Blogger Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home